We're changing our services
In the last 2 years, we built a socially responsible offering that allowed our customers to drive change and make a positive social impact every day.
Since we launched Spiral nearly a year ago, we:
- Enabled our community, which grew to 65,000+ customers, to connect every day with 1.5 million nonprofits
- Had $65 million in transactions pass through our banking accounts
- Achieved 540% annual customer growth rate
- Grew Spiral Giving Network’s commercial relationships with nonprofits by more than 3000%
- Processed tens of thousands of donations from our customers to support social and environmental change ❤️
Throughout this journey, we often asked ourselves what we could do to create a greater, far-reaching social impact. Can you imagine what it would be like if everyone in this country 🇺🇸 had the opportunity to make an impact each and every day? Wouldn't it be amazing if we could help many more communities and local nonprofits get more donations?
Rather than just offering Spiral's banking app as a solution, we realized we could simplify the process for people to make an impact using their favorite banking and financial platforms, which they already use and love.
Therefore, we've decided to help banks and other financial institutes easily add social impact capabilities into their products, and shift our strategy to focus on building our social-impact-as-a-service platform to power the next generation of financial services for more than 10,000 financial institutions across the U.S. 🚀
As part of this change, we will discontinue offering consumer banking services ⚠️ in the next few months. Please read through the entirety of this article, as it contains important information regarding your Spiral account.
Q: What’s changing?
Starting on October 3, 2022, Spiral will begin downgrading some of our services linked to your account(s) with us. We will also begin the process of closing all of our deposit accounts, including checking, savings, and giving. No need to worry, we plan to give you plenty of time to adjust. All accounts will be closed no later than December 31, 2022.
Q: How does this affect my funds?
All of your funds will be accessible to you. If you have any remaining balance in any of your accounts on December 31, 2022, the balance will be transferred to a linked external account (if you have one), or a check will be issued to the address on file. Please make sure that your personal information with Spiral is updated and current.
Q: When will this happen?
We will begin the downgrade of services on October 1, 2022 and finish our closing process no later than December 31, 2022.
Q: What do I need to do?
- If you have a balance in your account(s), begin transferring it out to your linked external bank account
- Use your debit card to help decrease your balance
- Change your direct deposit if any portion of your pay is deposited to your Spiral account(s)
- Cancel any recurring transfers or donations you have setup with your Spiral account(s)
Q: How can I move funds from Spiral, and until when?
- You can move money from Spiral to a linked external account using our mobile or web app
- Use your debit card to transfer money through PayPal, Venmo, or CashApp, and make purchases / ATM withdrawals up to December 31, 2022.
- If you have checks, you can write a check until December 31, 2022.
Q: Can I still use Spiral’s debit card?
Yes, you can use your Spiral debit card until December 31, 2022.
Q: Can I still use my Giving Account?
Yes, you can use your Giving Account until December 31, 2022! We will make certain to process all of your 2022 donations in a timely manner.
Q: What will happen to my donations?
We will process all donations as normally made through your Giving Account until December 31, 2022. You’ll also be able to access your 2022 Donation Report as soon as it's available.
Q: Can I still invite friends via Spiral’s Referral Program?
The Spiral Customer Referral Program will terminate on September 30, 2022. Any referral bonuses earned will be credited to your account prior to December 31, 2022. All terms and conditions of the program must be met in order to receive the bonus payout. Please find the complete terms and conditions here.
Q: Can I add Spiral’s social impact features to any of my other bank accounts?
Please let us know if you would like to add Spiral’s social impact capabilities to any of your current bank, investment/trading app, or other financial services. We’ll make sure to keep you posted ❤️